OR SCHEDULE TIME WITH BARB BELOW
How to Get a Loan to Build a House
PrimeLending New Construction Loans
Financing your very own custom home from the ground up is a little different. It’s a two-step process where you first obtain a temporary loan to get the project started, then when construction is complete, you refinance your initial loan to get your regular mortgage at the most favorable terms possible. Advantages include:
- We’ll lock the interest rate for your second refinance loan up to 9 months. This protects you against rate increases, and the lock fee will be refunded when the loan closes.
- Your first loan will come with a fixed rate and you only pay interest on money used for construction, not the entire loan amount.
- When you refinance your initial loan to your regular home mortgage, you’ll receive closing cost credits that may result in low or no cost refinancing.
PrimeLending Lot Loans
If there’s land you want to purchase and build a home on, but you have yet to choose a builder or secure any additional details regarding construction, a lot loan is the perfect option. Lot loans give you 12 months to pick a builder and set final plans for your home, putting time on your side.
Lot loans offer numerous benefits, including:
- Financing without a builder in place
- Fixed rate; interest-only payments
- A year to make decisions on your home
- Easy refinance process into a construction loan
- Any value appreciation adds to borrower equity
We’ll keep the loan process simple.
From deciding where to put light switches to picking out colors and appliances, you’ll have plenty to think about. So we’ll take any concerns about financing off your mind. We assure fast, efficient closings. Hassle-free document collection and submissions. And we promise to support and keep you informed throughout the entire loan process. Every step of the way.
You Can Build a Home Like No Other.